MKF 2010 Major Events and Accomplishments
- March 11th – MKF federal nonprofit tax exemption status attained
- April 11th – Carlsbad 5000 appearance, San Diego, CA
- May 2nd – Meningioma Mommas NY Meet-up, New York, NY
- August 14th – Second Annual TUMORS SUCK! Paintball Benefit, Pinkney, MI
- September 11th – National Brain Tumor Society Brain Tumor Walk, San Diego, CA.
- September 24-25th – MD Anderson Survivor Conference, Houston TX. MKF President Eric Galvez PT DPT CSCS a panelist on young adult survivorship.
- October 26th – Inaugural TUMORS SUCK DAY fundraiser at Seau’s the Restaurant, San Diego, CA.
- November 2-5th – LiveStrong Young Adult Alliance Meeting, Austin TX.
- December 8-31st –Inaugural “I’m a mAss Kicker! PASS IT ON!” campaign
Other MKF Events and Activity
- Tumors Suck! Video campaigns: TUMORS SUCK! 2010 PART 1 , TUMORS SUCK 2010 PART 2 , TUMORS SUCK 2010 PART 3, I’M READY, ANDTEAM TUMORS SUCK 2010
- June 2010 New TUMORS SUCK LOGO created
- August 16th New Use the K.U.R.E. LOGO created
- August 10th – New website launch
- September 2nd – “Rehabilitation for Non-malignant brain tumors” In-service at University of Michigan Hospitals, Ann Arbor, MI
- September 4th Inaugural MKF Fantasy Football Draft for survivors
- October 25th – Tumors Suck Day table in Grossmont Hospital Cafeteria, San Diego, CA
- November 6th – mAss Kickers Foundation donated 100 km to the International Brain Tumor Alliance
- November 12th Physical Rehabilitation for Brain Tumors, Rehab Grand Rounds at Rush Hospital, Chicago, IL
- Creation of Stay Classy page
We have some even bigger plans in 2011 but we need your help to grow! PLEASE DONATE TO OUR CAUSE AND PASS IT ON! BE A PART OF SOMETHING NEW AND EXCITING! THE TUMOR MASSES TOOK THE FIRST PUNCH. IT’S OUR TURN TO COUNTER-ATTACK!